The struggles of motherhood are REAL and a topic that shouldn’t be shied away from. Nothing prepares you for the overwhelming shift that takes place in every aspect of your life when you have a baby. Let alone the level of responsibility that you have for this new human whose life solely relies on you.
Feelings of overwhelm, sadness, anxiety, loss of identity or disconnection to yourself, are nothing to be ashamed of. We need to honour how we are feeling in order to move through it, not suppress and pretend everything is ok. As uncomfortable as the feelings may be, growth comes from acknowledging what we are feeling, and taking action to understand ourselves better and eventually move towards the light.
There is so much emphasis placed on childbirth (which is of course important), but what about how to deal with the life changes after having a baby?
The physical changes are one thing; the emotional, mental and circumstantial changes are whole other story.
New mums often have feelings of disconnection, not truly knowing themselves as their life begins to revolve around another human being. Suddenly what used to fill their days – work, friends, freedom – is no longer the case, and feelings of being lost or purposeless can creep in.
Addressing this stuff is freakin’ IMPORTANT! We need to talk about it more. We need to learn strategies to help you navigate the changes that accompany motherhood. Not just how to look after your baby, but how to look after YOU.
This is why I have teamed up with 2 awesome developmental coaches to do a workshop for new mums in Bondi called – Connecting To Your Core.
This transformational workshop will help YOU to bring awareness and change in this new phase of your life. We will work with your mind and your body to help you access what exists at your core, and bring you greater levels of awareness and empowerment to live, move and parent with purpose.
This workshop is for you if…
- You are struggling with a lack of personal identity after having your child?
- You are struggling with the daily pressures of thinking that you need to be a “perfect” mother, partner, housewife and perhaps financial contributor?
- You are experiencing changes in your body and mind that are unfamiliar?
- You would like to explore what is really going on at your core – physically and emotionally?
- If you want to learn more about recovery for both your mind and body.
In this workshop you will be provided with information and practices to access:
- An understanding of how stress influences your physical body.
- An understanding of your physical core and how to connect with these muscles.
- Take home exercises to strengthen your core.
- Powerful breathing exercises to reduce stress and calm your nervous system.
- A greater understanding of your unresourceful thoughts which may be holding you back.
- An insight into your personality structures which are running outside of your awareness.
- Practices to help you to continue to bring awareness to, and start to shift unhelpful habits.
Don’t miss your chance to dive deeper into your connection with your mind and your body as you navigate motherhood.
For those of you who can’t make it to the workshop, I want you to do something very simple – connect with me. Email me and tell me what is going on for you. I am here for you, no judgement, just a listening ear. We can get through this together.
Because you, my friend, matter.